Now with full support for app directory and server components!
Fully typesafe, JSON serializable, and zod validated URL search params, dynamic route params, and routing for NextJS.
Whats wrong with curent solutions?
Next.js's non-typesafe routing can lead to runtime errors and make it difficult to catch routing-related issues during development, as it relies on string literals instead of type-safe constructs.
Traditional Search Param APIs usually assume a few things:
- Search params are always strings
- They are mostly flat
- Serializing and deserializing using URLSearchParams is good enough (Spoiler alert: it's not, it sucks)
Typesafety Isn’t Optional
next-typesafe-url solve these problems?
- Fully typesafe routing- all the way from the route, to the route params, to the search params
- Search params are JSON-first, so you can pass strings, numbers, booleans, nulls, and even nested objects and arrays
- Search and route params are validated at runtime using zod, so you can be sure that the data you get matches the schema you expect
npm install next-typesafe-url # or yarn add next-typesafe-url # or pnpm add next-typesafe-url
Please open an issue if you find a bug or have a feature request. You can also DM me on twitter @ethanniser with any questions or concerns.
All contributions are welcome! Please open an issue or submit a PR.
- 100% test coverage
remix-routesstyle typescript plugin to improve autocomplete and add 'go to definition' to route string (would take you to the route file)