The Angular team builds and maintains both common UI components and tools to help you build your own custom components. The team maintains several npm packages.
||Library that helps you author custom UI components with common interaction patterns||Docs|
||Material Design UI components for Angular applications||Docs|
||Angular component built on top of the YouTube Player API||Docs|
See our Getting Started Guide if you're building your first project with Angular Material.
- Investigating and fixing reported regressions for the new components launched in v15
- Creating a new more flexible theming API in collaboration with MDC Web
- Continuing to focus on improving the accessibility of Angular Material components
- Improving the performance of our components in large applications
The Angular Components team is part of the Angular team at Google. The team includes both Google employees and community contributors from around the globe.
Our team has two primary goals:
- Build high-quality UI components that developers can drop into existing applications
- Provide tools that help developers build their own custom components with common interaction patterns
What do we mean by "high-quality" components?
- Internationalized and accessible so that all users can use them.
- Straightforward APIs that don't confuse developers.
- Behave as expected across a wide variety of use-cases without bugs.
- Behavior is well-tested with both unit and integration tests.
- Customizable within the bounds of the Material Design specification.
- Performance cost is minimized.
- Code is clean and well-documented to serve as an example for Angular developers.
The Angular Components team supports the most recent two versions of all major browsers: Chrome (including Android), Firefox, Safari (including iOS), and Edge.
We aim for great user experience with the following screen readers:
- Windows: NVDA and JAWS with FF / Chrome.
- macOS: VoiceOver with Safari / Chrome.
- iOS: VoiceOver with Safari
- Android: Android Accessibility Suite (formerly TalkBack) with Chrome.
- Chrome OS: ChromeVox with Chrome.