The Excalidraw editor (npm package) supports:
- 💯 Free & open-source.
- 🎨 Infinite, canvas-based whiteboard.
- ✍️ Hand-drawn like style.
- 🌓 Dark mode.
- 🏗️ Customizable.
- 📷 Image support.
- 😀 Shape libraries support.
- 👅 Localization (i18n) support.
- 🖼️ Export to PNG, SVG & clipboard.
- 💾 Open format - export drawings as an
- ⚒️ Wide range of tools - rectangle, circle, diamond, arrow, line, free-draw, eraser...
- ➡️ Arrow-binding & labeled arrows.
- 🔙 Undo / Redo.
- 🔍 Zoom and panning support.
- 📡 PWA support (works offline).
- 🤼 Real-time collaboration.
- 🔒 End-to-end encryption.
- 💾 Local-first support (autosaves to the browser).
- 🔗 Shareable links (export to a readonly link you can share with others).
We'll be adding these features as drop-in plugins for the npm package in the future.
Install the Excalidraw npm package:
npm install react react-dom @excalidraw/excalidraw
or via yarn
yarn add react react-dom @excalidraw/excalidraw
Don't forget to check out our Documentation!
- Missing something or found a bug? Report here.
- Want to contribute? Check out our contribution guide or let us know on Discord.
- Want to help with translations? See the translation guide.
Last but not least, we're thankful to these companies for offering their services for free: