- Secure by default. No file, network, or environment access, unless explicitly enabled.
web platform functionality and APIs,
e.g. using ES modules, web workers, and
- Supports TypeScript out of the box.
- Ships only a single executable file.
- Built-in tooling including
deno bench, and more.
- Includes a set of reviewed standard modules guaranteed to work with Deno.
- Supports npm.
Shell (Mac, Linux):
curl -fsSL https://deno.land/install.sh | sh
irm https://deno.land/install.ps1 | iex
brew install deno
choco install deno
scoop install deno
Build and install from source using Cargo:
# Install the Protobuf compiler apt install -y protobuf-compiler # Linux brew install protobuf # macOS # Build and install Deno cargo install deno --locked
deno run https://examples.deno.land/hello-world.ts
Deno.serve((_req) => new Response("Hello, World!"));
- The Deno Manual is a great starting point for additional examples, setting up your environment, using npm, and more.
- Runtime API reference documents all APIs built into Deno CLI.
- Deno Standard Modules do not have external dependencies and are reviewed by the Deno core team.
- deno.land/x is the registry for third party modules.
- Blog is where the Deno team shares important product updates and “how to”s about solving technical problems.
We appreciate your help!
To contribute, please read our contributing instructions.