Write, Draw and Plan All at Once
One hyper-fused platform for wildly creative minds.
A privacy-focussed, local-first, open-source, and ready-to-use alternative for Notion & Miro.
Join our community
Before we tell you how to get started with AFFiNE, we'd like to shamelessly plug our awesome user and developer communities across official social platforms! Once you’re familiar with using the software, maybe you will share your wisdom with others and even consider joining the AFFiNE Ambassador program to help spread AFFiNE to the world.
Getting started & staying tuned with us.
- Hyper merged — Write, draw and plan all at once. Assemble any blocks you love on any canvas you like to enjoy seamless transitions between workflows with AFFiNE.
- Privacy focussed — AFFiNE is built with your privacy in mind and is one of our key concerns. We want you to keep control of your data, allowing you to store it as you like, where you like while still being able to freely edit and view your data on-demand.
- Offline-first — With your privacy in mind we also decided to go offline-first. This means that AFFiNE can be used offline, whether you want to view or edit, with support for conflict-free merging when you are back online.
- Clean, intuitive design — With AFFiNE you can concentrate on editing with a clean and modern interface. Which is responsive, so it looks great on tablets too, and mobile support is coming in the future.
- Modern Block Editor with Markdown support — A modern block editor can help you not only for docs, but slides and tables as well. When you write in AFFiNE you can use Markdown syntax which helps create an easier editing experience, that can be experienced with just a keyboard. And this allows you to export your data cleanly into Markdown.
- Collaboration — Whether you want to collaborate with yourself across multiple devices, or work together with others, support for collaboration and multiplayer is out-of-the-box, which makes it easy for teams to get started with AFFiNE.
- Choice of multiple languages — Thanks to community contributions AFFiNE offers support for multiple languages. If you don't find your language or would like to suggest some changes we welcome your contributions.
|Bug Reports||Feature Requests||Questions/Discussions||AFFiNE Community|
|Create a bug report||Submit a feature request||Check GitHub Discussion||Vist the AFFiNE Community|
|Something isn't working as expected||An idea for a new feature, or improvements||Discuss and ask questions||A place to ask, learn and engage with others|
Calling all developers, testers, tech writers and more! Contributions of all types are more than welcome, you can read more in docs/types-of-contributions.md. If you are interested in contributing code, read our docs/CONTRIBUTING.md and feel free to check out our GitHub issues to get stuck in to show us what you’re made of.
Before you start contributing, please make sure you have read and accepted our Contributor License Agreement. To indicate your agreement, simply edit this file and submit a pull request.
For bug reports, feature requests and other suggestions you can also create a new issue and choose the most appropriate template for your feedback.
For translation and language support you can visit our i18n General Space.
Looking for others ways to contribute and wondering where to start? Check out the AFFiNE Ambassador program, we work closely with passionate community members and provide them with a wide-range of support and resources.
If you have questions, you are welcome to contact us. One of the best places to get more info and learn more is in the AFFiNE Community where you can engage with other like-minded individuals.
|@toeverything/component||Toeverything Shared Component Resources|
|@affine/component||AFFiNE Component Resources|
|@toeverything/y-indexeddb||IndexedDB database adapter for Yjs|
Plugins are a way to extend the functionality of AFFiNE. You can use plugins to add new blocks, new features, and even new ways to edit content.
(Currently, the plugin system is under heavy development. You will see the plugin system in the canary release.)
|@affine/copilot-plugin||AI Copilot that help you document writing||🚧|
|@affine/image-preview-plugin||Component for previewing an image||✅|
|@affine/outline||Outline for your document||✅|
We would also like to give thanks to open-source projects that make AFFiNE possible:
- blocksuite - 💠 BlockSuite is the open-source collaborative editor project behind AFFiNE.
- OctoBase - 🐙 OctoBase is the open-source database behind AFFiNE, local-first, yet collaborative. A light-weight, scalable, data engine written in Rust.
- yjs - Fundamental support of CRDTs for our implementation on state management and data sync.
- React - The library for web and native user interfaces.
- napi-rs - A framework for building compiled Node.js add-ons in Rust via Node-API.
- Jotai - Primitive and flexible state management for React.
- async-call-rpc - A lightweight JSON RPC client & server.
- Vite - Next generation frontend tooling.
- Other upstream dependencies.
Thanks a lot to the community for providing such powerful and simple libraries, so that we can focus more on the implementation of the product logic, and we hope that in the future our projects will also provide a more easy-to-use knowledge base for everyone.
We would like to express our gratitude to all the individuals who have already contributed to AFFiNE! If you have any AFFiNE-related project, documentation, tool or template, please feel free to contribute it by submitting a pull request to our curated list on GitHub: awesome-affine.
Data compatibility is a very important issue for us. We will try our best to ensure that the data is compatible with the previous version.
If you encounter any problems when upgrading the version, please feel free to contact us.
|AFFiNE Version||Export/Import workspace||Data auto migration|
- ❌️: Not compatible
- ✅: Compatible
- 🚧: Work in progress
We know that the self-host version has been out of date for a long time.
We are working hard to get this updated to the latest version, you can try our desktop version first.
Get started with Docker and deploy your own feature-rich, restriction-free deployment of AFFiNE. We are working hard to get this updated to the latest version, you can keep an eye on the latest packages.
Some amazing companies including AFFiNE are looking for developers! Are you interested in helping build with AFFiNE and/or its partners? Check out some of the latest jobs available.
For upgrading information, please see our update page.
For feature request, please see community.affine.pro.
From the GitHub repo main page, click the green "Code" button and select "Create codespace on master". This will open a new Codespace with the (supposedly auto-forked AFFiNE repo cloned, built, and ready to go.
See BUILDING.md for instructions on how to build AFFiNE from source code.
We welcome contributions from everyone. See docs/contributing/tutorial.md for details.
Thanks to Chromatic for providing the visual testing platform that helps us review UI changes and catch visual regressions.
See LICENSE for details.